Alignment: Any lawful.
Base Attack Bonus: +7.
Feats: Dodge, Toughness.
- Hit Die: d12
- Base Attack Bonus: High.
- High Saves: Fortitude and Will.
- Weapon Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons.
- Armor Proficiencies: All types of armor (light, medium, and heavy) as well as shields (except for tower shields).
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A dwarven defender is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all types of armor, and shields.
- Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier.
- Class Skills: Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Listen, Parry, and Spot.
- Defensive Stance: The dwarven defender can become a bastion of defense. He cannot move from the spot he's defending, but he gains +2 Strength, +4 Constitution, and a +2 bonus to all saves. A 1st-level dwarven defender can use this ability 1/day. He gains an additional use every two levels beyond 1st.
- Improved Defense: The dwarven defender receives a +1 dodge bonus to AC at 1st level. This bonus improves by an additional +1 at 4th, 7th, and 10th level.
- Uncanny Dodge: At 2nd level the dwarven defender retains his Dexterity bonus to AC even when caught flat-footed.
- Trap Sense: At 4th level the dwarven defender gets a +1 Reflex bonus against all traps. At 9th level this bonus increases by an additional +1.
- Damage Reduction: At 6th level, the dwarven defender gains DR 3/-. This increases to DR 6/- at 10th level.
- Improved Uncanny Dodge: At 6th level the dwarven defender can no longer be sneak attacked except by a rogue 4 or more levels higher than him.